Your Will is one of the most important legal documents that you will ever write. Request a free consultation today with one of our Senior Consultants to discuss your options.
Making a Will is the only way to ensure that your wishes are carried out after your death. If you die without a valid Will, you have died “intestate” and your Estate shall be distributed in accordance with the Law of Intestacy. This means:
- The Law states who will administer your estate and they may not someone that you trust to deal with your family´s inheritance. The administrator is also the person legally allowed to organise your funeral.
- The Law also states who will benefit from your estate and in some instances, how much they will receive.
- An unmarried partner who would have benefitted if you had written a Will is not legally entitled to any of your estate should you die without a Will. This means that they will inherit nothing and could also be left without a home.
- Your minor children could be placed into foster care until such time as a family member applies to the Courts for Guardianship.
- There is a higher risk of family arguments and also unnecessary stress for your loved ones.
Benefits of Well-Drafted Will
But there is an easy solution. A well drafted Legal Will is the best thing you can do for yourself and for you loved ones. A professional Will allows you to:
- Choose who will act as your Executors. They will arrange your funeral, apply for the Grant of Probate, deal with your Estate and carry out your wishes.
- Ensure that your children are looked after once you have passed away by appointing Guardians. This will also prevent them from being placed in temporary care.
- Make use of trusts to protect your assets and your loved one´s inheritance.
- Leave small gifts of personal items and money to love one´s and charities.
- Reduce the time and money that could be spent on Probate costs.
- Exclude persons from benefitting from your estate.
- Ensure that the document you are creating is legally binding and valid which, sadly, is not always the case with DIY Wills.
Whether it is a Will for a single person, a married or unmarried couple, a simple Will or a complicated Will, we can help!
Swift, Professional & Compassionate
Government figures indicate that almost 30 million adults in the UK – 60% of our adult population – have not made a Will. A further breakdown shows that at present:
- 35% OF OVER 65’S IN ENGLAND AND WALES HAVE NO WILL
- ONLY 17% OF PEOPLE AGED 45-65 HAVE WILLS
- LESS THAN 13% OF UNDER 45’S HAVE WILLS
- 52% OF WILLS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE ARE OUT OF DATE
DON'T BE A STATISTIC. Request a FREE CONSULTATION with us and discuss the best options based on your circumstances.
Join Our Community
Click ''Subscribe'' and enter your email address to register to our newsletter subscription delivered on a regular basis!